Friday, June 20, 2014

Southern Writers Magazine ~ 2014 Short Story Contest!


Karen S. Jones
www.ksjones.com
Writing contests bring out a chill like nothing else. There have been so many contests that I had plans to enter, but whenever I would ready myself for the challenge--even when enthusiasm was bursting from my writing soul! -- No - Words - Came. Contest entries are the only real writer's block I have ever experienced. And knowing how much prestige comes with winning or placing in a contest, I tried really hard to write something--something really great! All to no avail. It wasn't until the 'Last Day To Enter' rolled around for the Southern Writers 2014 Short Story contest that I jumped up and ran to my computer to write what the voices in my head were telling me to write. Even I was amused with the story as I wrote it! After a bit of careful research and several hours of intense writing, I submitted my entry. Then this week, I received the wonderful news that I had won! You cannot imagine how thrilled and honored I feel, not only because I won, but because I won a contest in the prized Southern Writers Magazine whose writers are amazing themselves!

Check them out at http://www.southernwritersmagazine.com/

It's been a good week. It's been a very good week.  If you're a writer, keep writing! If you're a reader, keep reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!